Job Title: Associate Principal Geotechnical Engineer
Location: Vancouver, BC
Work Type: Associate
Mineit Consulting Inc. is a rapidly growing engineering and geoscience consulting firm providing technical advice and solutions to the mining industry. Our professionals collectively bring over 150 years of international experience and knowledge. Working for Mineit means being part of a team of talented people who have a passion for succeeding and the drive to excel in providing the first-class service to clients.
Mineit is looking for the right people – people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We are seeking an Associate Principal Geotechnical Engineer experienced in multiple geotechnical disciples such as rock mechanics, slope stability, foundation design, seismic analysis, and instrumentation.
This is an ideal opportunity for individuals who is an independent consultant and looking to join a fast-paced environment and lead challenging projects. This is an associate position and services will be required as per the project requirements.
- Assessment, inspection, analysis, monitoring and design of various components such as water conveyance and diversion structures, dams, tailings impoundments, tailings facilities, spillways, bridges, mine openings, built structures, containment ponds, waste rock piles, pitwalls and slope instabilities.
- Performing a seismic analysis and seismic hazard evaluation on various structures during a seismic event.
- Conducting geotechnical & numerical modelling analysis; slope behavior and rock stress fields around underground openings
- Recommending strategies for mitigating against negative effects of climate conditions such as snow, ice, rain and permafrost on various site components.
- Geotechnical instrumentation analyses including data acquisition and interpretation. Technical review of monitoring programs, data and records, studies, manuals, plans,
- Experienced in calculations of bearing capacity, settlement, earth pressures, pavement and section design for foundation design.
- Extensive field experience in drilling and test pit supervision.
- Ability to act as an Engineer of Record as well as stamp various documents during for various projects.
- Working knowledge of British Columbia and Canadian environmental regulations, guidelines, and standard.
- Extensive involvement in the Dam Safety Reviews and Dam Safety investigations.
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Geological Engineering, Civil Engineering or a related discipline.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in good Standing.
- 5-10 years of experience in a consulting environment
- Physically fit and able to travel and work in remote and rugged field locations
- Qualified to work in Canada. A holder of open work permit, permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
- Experience working on the government projects is an asset.
- Excel at technical report writing.
- Proficient with Vulcan, Rocscience Suite, FLAC3D, AutoCAD, Geo-Slope and others relevant software.
- Ability to train and mentor team members to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Innovation and proven ability to work with others with demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Experienced in determining a scope of work, developing a methodology and estimating a timeline for deliverables.
Mineit Consulting Inc. is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please send your resume along with a cover letter to [email protected].